A Change in the Board of CURAC/ARUCC
- The following announcement is from the CURAC/ARUCC Board. On September 18, 2017, Edgar Williams (MUNPA) tendered his resignation as CURAC/ARUCC Board Member and Secretary to the CURAC Board. Ed has served CURAC tirelessly since 2010, as Board Secretary, as a Chair of many committees, most notably as Chair of the Awards Committee (which he founded and whose structure and procedures he developed). Ed maintained many strategic duties and portfolios along the way, contributing greatly to the management of CURAC Board’s affairs. A fuller description of Ed’s considerable contributions to CURAC will appear in a forthcoming article on the CURAC web and in the Newsletter.
- In accordance with the CURAC Constitution Mary Johnston (McMaster MURA) has been appointed as a Board member and as Secretary. This appointment is effective immediately and will last until the May 2018 AGM at Dalhousie University. Mary has served on the CURAC Board and has held several senior positions in the McMaster Retirees Association.
For a unique travel opportunity, be sure to look at CURAC’s proposal for the Iceland: fire and ice tour by clicking here or following the link in Membership&Benefits > Benefits for Members > Special Travel Opportunity
CURAC has now had two successful years of partnership with Collette Travel. Members planning future travel may wish to check out the broad range of tours available to them through the Collette partnership by clicking here or following the link in Membership&Benefits > Benefits for Members > Collette: Guided by Travel
What’s new on curac.ca:
- Kudos to Bev Stefureak, Chair of the Benefits Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for organizing the Benefits Network Communications tab, and to George Brandei (Queen’s RAQ) for the first posting for this tab. Bev plans to work closely with the Webmaster to provide Network Communications data and information in a timely fashion for CURAC/ARUCC members.
- New! For important information about CURAC/ARUCC sponsored travel/trip cancellation insurance and extended health benefits insurance, consult Membership&Benefits > Benefits > Trip&Health Insurance.
- Click here for an important letter from CURAC/ARUCC Past President Ken Craig, outlining the benefits of membership in CURAC/ARUCC.
Taking the Pulse of Seniors’ Health Care in 2016
Taking the Pulse of Seniors’ Health Care in 2016 was prepared by the CURAC Health Care Policy Committee. It has been forwarded to the Council of the Federation comprising all 13 provincial Premiers, the Prime Minister and the federal ministers of Health and Finance.